Assignment 1: Branches of Government
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Create a flowchart of the three branches of government and associate two (2) Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) clauses for each branch of government. Designate the relationships among the governmental branches. In an accompanying document, exemplify the types of powers of each branch of government and include these items:
• Taxing and spending powers
• Limits on both federal and state governmental actions
• Due process
• Equal protection
In a three to four (3-4) page flowchart, include the following:
1. Organize all three (3) branches of government in a flowchart format.
2. Designate two (2) UCC clauses that align with each branch.
3. Illustrate the interactivity among the branches of government in the flowchart.
4. In a separate document, exemplify the types of powers of each branch of government.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain the functions of law, the nature of crimes and torts, and the structure of the U.S. legal system, including the federal and state court systems.
• Given a business situation, evaluate the various options for resolving a business dispute from a legal perspective and develop an optimal course of action to resolve the dispute.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in commercial law.
• Write clearly and concisely about commercial law using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.