Attachments: PSY 326 Week 2 DQ 2 Hypothesis Testing.docx [ Preview Here ]
Hypothesis Testing. Based on the study you designed in the Research Design discussion, apply the scientific method by specifying the five steps of hypothesis testing for your study.
· Step 1: State the hypothesis.
· Step 2: Collect the data – For the purpose of this discussion, you will state how you would collect the data.
· Step 3: Calculate statistics – For the purpose of this discussion, you will indicate the statistical analysis technique(s) you would use.
· Step 4: Compare to a critical value – For the purpose of this discussion, you will indicate where you would set the alpha value and why. Note: This step is hypothetical, as you are not actually conducting a statistical analysis. Consequently, you will choose if the results of your hypothetical analysis are above or below the critical value.
· Step 5: Make a decision – For the purpose of this discussion, you will create a conclusion based on the hypothetical results from Step 4. Be sure to include a recommendation on the effectiveness of the new drug based on the results.
Utilize a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last 10 years and are documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.