PSY 302 Week 2 Discussion 1 Assessment in the Workplace
Assessment in the Workplace. [CLO: 4]. 1st Post Due by Day 3. After reading Chapters 3 and 4 in your text, the article, “Self-Assessment and Dialogue as Tools for Appreciating Diversity”, and watching the required videos, consider the following: Testing and assessment are critical components of selection, recruitment, and the training and development processes in any business or organization. Organizations approach assessments in a multitude of ways. Research one of the following assessment protocols (based on your last name) that might be used by an I/O psychologist or manager to assess the workplace environment, employee needs, and the like.
• A through G: A Peer Assessment
• H through N: An Observational Assessment
• O through U: A Likert Assessment
• V through Z: An Interview Assessment
• Start your search by using the key words in the library’s search tool as well as google.
• Describe the assessment you have identified, applying appropriate citations which may include your text, required article and videos, website sources, and additional peer-reviewed articles.
• Give an example of when your measurement might be used in the workplace.
• Analyze the possibility of bias in your assigned assessment. Does your assessment suggest the potential of possible bias? Why?
• Discuss what individual differences would be measured by your assessment, and describe their effects on the workplace.
• Identify at least two strengths and at least two weaknesses of the assessment that you discuss based on your research.
Your initial post should be between 300 and 350 words.