Assignment 3: Walmart Stores, Inc. v. Samara Brothers, Inc.
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Review Case 8.1, A U.S. Supreme Court Case titled Walmart Stores, Inc. v. Samara Brothers, Inc. Using the IRAC Method of briefing cases found in the Appendix, prepare a document that outlines the legal aspects of this case.
Write an eight to twelve (8-12) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize the facts associated with Walmart Stores, Inc. v. Samara Brothers, Inc.
2. Identity the legal question(s) that is under consideration.
3. Prioritize the rules of law that the court will consider in this case.
4. Compile the court’s decision and opinions on the case.
5. Prepare a conclusion for the outcome of the case.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Given a business situation, evaluate the various options for resolving a business dispute from a legal perspective and develop an optimal course of action to resolve the dispute.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in commercial law.
• Write clearly and concisely about commercial law using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.