Attachments: HUM 215 Module 2 Assignment 2 Analyzing World Cultures 1.docx [ Preview Here ] HUM 215 Module 2 Assignment 2 Analyzing World Cultures.docx [ Preview Here ]
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers of this Assignment
Analyzing World Cultures
Media play a very large role in both the development and the perpetuation of cultural elements. You may never have watched a foreign movie or even clips evaluating other cultures. In this assignment, you will explore online videos or movies from a culture of your choice and analyze how cultural elements are presented, compared to your own culture.
Complete the following:
· Choose a world culture you are not familiar with.
· Identify two–three online videos or movies representative of this culture. These could be examples of cultural expressions such as a Bollywood movie from India or Anime videos from Japan.
Evaluate two hours of such a video. Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research articles about your selected culture.
· Select a scholarly article that analyzes the same culture presented in the videos you have observed.
· Write a paper describing the cultural differences you have observed in the video. How are these observations supported by the research article?
Be sure to include the following:
· Describe the videos you have watched.
· Explain the main points of the videos.
· Examine what stood out about the culture.
· Compare and contrast the similarities and differences of this culture with your own.
· Examine the ways of this culture. Is it one you would want to visit or live in?
· Would you experience culture shock if you immersed yourself in this culture? Why or why not?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.