Attachments: GB 540 Unit 2 Assignment Price Elasticity of Demand and Total Revenue.zip [ Preview Here ]
This Tutorial contains 2 Papers for this Assignment
It is highly recommended that you review the Seminar presentation located in the Seminar area
before beginning the Assignment.
According to the law of demand, if price increases, quantity demanded of a good or service will
decrease or vice versa. Price elasticity of demand tells us how much quantity demanded will
decrease when price increases or how much quantity demanded will increase if price decreases.
On the other hand, according to the law of supply, if the price increases, quantity supplied of a good
or service will increase. Similarly, if price decreases, quantity supplied will decrease. The degree of
sensitivity (responsiveness) of production/supply to a change in price is measured by the concept of
price elasticity of supply.
Total revenue is calculated as the quantity of a good or service sold multiplied by its market price.
Thus, it is a measure of how much money a company makes from selling its product. The core
objective of a firm is maximizing profit. One of the ways to maximize profit is increasing total revenue.
The firm can increase its total revenue by selling more items or by raising the price. Among others,
this depends on the nature of the price elasticity of demand. Moreover, the length of time is an
important factor in determining price elasticity of demand and supply.
Course outcome(s) practiced and assessed in this Assignment:
GB540-1: Examine microeconomic tools for purposes of problem solving, analysis, and decisionmaking.
● Explain the relationship between the price elasticity of demand and total revenue. What are the
impacts of various forms of elasticities (elastic, inelastic, unit elastic, etc.) on business
decisions and strategies to maximize profit? You can explain your responses using empirical
examples, formulas and graphs.
● Is the price elasticity of demand or supply more elastic over a shorter or a longer period of
time? Why? Give examples.
● What are the impacts of government and market imperfections (failures) on the price
elasticities of demand and supply?
● Your Assignment should have a cover sheet with the following information: Title of the paper,
Your Name, Course Number and Section Number, and Date
● It must be a minimum of 5 pages long (excluding title page, references, etc.,)
● Be sure to include the criteria located in the rubric below within your paper.