Attachments: BUS 508 N CHAPTER 7 Quiz.docx [ Preview Here ]
BUS 508 Chapter 7 Quiz
1. The ________, or span of control, is the number of employees a manager supervises.
2. ________ is the process of dividing work activities into units within the organization.
3. ________ at every level in the management hierarchy must exercise three basic types of skills: technical, human, and conceptual.
4. A ________ is a written explanation of an organization’s business intentions and aims.
5. A company that does not emphasize centralization retains decision making at the top of the management hierarchy.
6. The ________ links employees from different parts of the organization to work together on specific projects.
7. A frequently used tool in this phase of strategic planning is the SWOT analysis.
8. The four basic types of organization structures are:
9. ________, which allows firms to resume operations as quickly and as smoothly as possible after a crisis while openly communicating with the public about what happened.
10. An effective structure is one that is clear and easy to understand: employees know what is expected of them and to whom they report.
11. A ________ is a structure that places authority and responsibility jointly in the hands of a group of individuals rather than a single manager.
12. ________ is the process of recognizing a problem or opportunity, evaluating alternative solutions, selecting and implementing an alternative, and assessing the results.
13. In the course of a typical day, managers spend time meeting and talking with people, reading, thinking, and sending text or e-mail messages.
14. Strategic planning often makes the difference between an organization’s success and failure.
15. ________ is guiding and motivating employees to accomplish organizational objectives.
16. ________, or first-line management, includes positions such as supervisor, section chief, and team leader.
17. An organization’s ________ is its system of principles, beliefs, and values.
18. ________ is the process of achieving organizational objectives through people and other resources.
19. Managers assign work to employees, a process called
20. Planning can be divided into the following categories, except: