Attachments: BUS 508 N CHAPTER 14 Quiz.docx [ Preview Here ]
BUS 508 Chapter 14 Quiz
1. ________ includes all the programs, routines, and computer languages that control a computer and tell it how to operate.
2. One of the smallest online databases is that of the U.S. Census Bureau.
3. A ________ gives direct support to businesspeople during the decision-making process.
4. The simplest way to protect against computer viruses is to install one of the many available antivirus software programs.
5. ________ are designed to produce a variety of information on an organization’s activities for both internal and external users.
6. A ________ is the heart of a midrange computer network, supporting applications and allowing the sharing of output devices, software, and databases among networked users.
7. ________ is a global firm that provides businesses with a variety of data back-up applications and sophisticated disaster recovery solutions.
8. Most organizations connect their offices and buildings by creating ________, computer networks that connect machines within limited areas, such as a building or several nearby buildings.
9. An ________ is a computer program that imitates human thinking through complicated sets of “if-then” rules.
10. ________ consists of all tangible elements of a computer system.
11. When the first personal computers were introduced in the late 1970s and early 1980s, the idea of a computer on every desk, or in every home, seemed far-fetched.
12. Organizations have an obligation to protect the privacy and confidentiality of data about employees and customers.
13. An ________ is an organized method for collecting, storing, and communicating past, present, and projected information on internal operations and external intelligence.
14. Individuals, businesses, and government agencies are not all vulnerable to computer crime.
15. ________ is software that secretly gathers user information through the user’s Internet connection without his or her knowledge, usually for advertising purposes.
16. ________ consists of a network of smaller computers running special software.
17. According to security experts, there are four important tasks regarding off-site data storage.
18. Computer ________ are programs that secretly attach themselves to other programs and change them or destroy data.
19. ________ is knowledge gained from processing those facts and figures.
20. ________ monitor and control physical processes.