Attachments: BUS 508 N CHAPTER 16 Quiz.docx [ Preview Here ]
BUS 508 Chapter 16 Quiz
1. ________ is the difference between what you own and what you owe.
2. A ________ is a collection of financial markets in which previously issued securities are traded among investors.
3. Today, many consumers do some or all of their banking on the Internet.
4. Markets in which securities are issued and traded are called ________.
5. ________ are bonds are stock companies may issue bonds or preferred stock that contains a conversion feature.
6. One of the original forms of electronic banking is the ________.
7. Corporations and governments are not willing to pay for the services provided by financial institutions because they are financial market experts.
8. A ________ is a bond whose proceeds are to be used to pay for a project that will not produce any revenue.
9. Most commercial bank deposits are insured by the ________.
10. ________ are creditors of a corporation or government body.
11. Securities are sold to the investing public in two ways:
12. ________ are bonds issued by state or local governments.
13. In the ________, firms and governments issue securities and sell them initially to the general public.
14. The insurance company accepts the risk in return for a series of payments called ________.
15. When evaluating loan applications, banks consider the borrower’s ability and willingness to repay the loan.
16. ________ are cooperative financial institutions that are owned by their depositors, all of whom are members.
17. The world’s second-largest stock market is the ________.
18. The ________ is the most international of all stock markets.
19. Two factors determine the price of the bond: its risk and its interest rate.
20. Savings banks used to be called savings and loan associations or ________.