Attachments: BUS 211 Week 3 Quiz.docx [ Preview Here ]
1) Which of the following best describes sources of a company’s culture?
2) Being goal oriented has shown to be a paramount to a person’s success. Why?
3) Which theory tries to explain the psychological factors underlying why an individual selects a task and exerts effort in performing a task?
4) What best describes company norms?
5) Which of the following best describes how the values of the company’s founder influence an organization?
6) Managers can cause organizational dysfunction by doing Which of the following?
7) Maslow’s Need Theory is an hierarchal format that deals with ‘what’ is important to individuals. Which of the following hierarchy most accurately reflects Maslow’s hierarchy?
8) Formal events that recognize an employee or group that have benefited the company by their works are
9) What are the teams grouped by areas of expertise?
10) The Matrix Structure is an unique organizational structure that responds to rapid changing situations. Which of the following is a component of this structural design?
11) The motivational theory that tries to determine how much work is needed for a specific outcome is
12) Organizational design is best defined as
13) Which of the following could cause an individual to avoid performing a required job task according to expectancy theory?
14) According to the goal-setting theory, job performance goals should
15) What best describes the contingency approach, as it relates to organizational design?
16) Which of the following best describes a company that has established a professional culture?
17) Which of Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs is geared towards personal fulfillment?
18) What form of business communication offers the lowest form of persuasive communication?
19) Company values are shared standards that employees use to
20) What work attitude would a leader promote to influence his or her worker?
21) Which of the five sources of a leader’s power would be demonstrated by a leader with rightful authority to direct and control an employee’s activities?
22) Which of the following is the best example of active listening?
23) An organizational performance is increased with employees working in teams since
24) Companies with a strong culture may hold meetings to announce the company’s achievements. Which source of company culture would best describes this activity?
25) Employees quickly figure out and adopt the values and norms desired by their company. What is the process called?
26) What does the amount of conflict in an organization signal?
27) What is the definition of a team?
28) What forms of business communication offers the highest form of persuasive communication?
29) Employees will most often be motivated to initially fulfill basic needs rather than higher level needs. Which of the following satisfies a higher need?
30) Business often promotes norms which are entrepreneurial or conservative in nature. Why?
31) A company who desires to develop new or improved products would fit best with what type of team?