AJS 574 Week 4 Influences Within Public Safety or Security Programs Paper -
Resources: www.bjs.gov; www.bls.gov; www.fbi.gov;
Choose a public safety or security program at the local, state, or federal
level that has undergone a significant budgetary decrease. Have your
instructor approve your choice. Some examples include:
• State cuts to domestic violence program
• Cuts for prison funding to reduce overcrowding
• Decreased funds for technology upgrades
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper about how the political process and
changing public policy at the federal, state, and municipal levels
influence budgeting. Provide details on how the change came about
and its impact on the resulting program.
Include the following in your paper:
• Identify political, economic, social, cultural, and technological
influences that caused the change in the budget.
• Identify the interaction among the federal, state, and municipal levels
with regard to your program.
• Specify the limits of the agency budget office and how they may try
to compensate for those limits.
• Present strategies agencies and politicians might use to justify
increasing or decreasing the budget for the program you selected.
• Calculate present and project future costs.
• List various cost control applications
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.