Attachments: BSHS 471 Week 3 Learning Team Presentation on a Self help (UOP Course).docx [ Preview Here ]
As a result of the lecture, discussion, and presentation on self-help and mutual help groups during Week Two, the Learning Team participants will choose a self-help support system to research and make a 3-4 page paper during Week Three. The participants can either review information online and/or interview a coordinator of a local system. Participants will divide the research and presentation into the following areas:
· The philosophy of the self-help support system.
· The target population(s) served.
· The functions of the self-help support system.
· How the system interfaces with other programs or agencies.
· The role (if any) of human services workers at the support system.
· How and by whom the services of the support system are evaluated.
· What the recent outcomes are, both positive and negative, of the self-help support system's services.
· How the services of the support service could be improved.
The Learning Team presentation will be provided during Week Three.