Resources: Environmental Ethics, Ch. 2, 5, and 6 and Watersheds 4, Ch. 2, 3, and 10
Write at least a 1,050-word paper addressing the following:
• Explain the importance of biodiversity to ecosystems and society.
• Compare and contrast the inherent and utilitarian views of the value of biodiversity.
• Assess the effects of GMOs on biodiversity, including:
• Why GMOs are used
• How GMOs are created. How is this different from naturally occurring life?
• Evaluate the controversy regarding GMOs, especially as it relates to biodiversity
• Assess the effects of fisheries and aquaculture on biodiversity, including:
• How modern fishery practices affect biodiversity
• How aquaculture practices affect biodiversity
• Provide some possible strategies for addressing issues with GMOs and fisheries, including
• Your reasoning for these specific strategies
• How inherent and utilitarian views of biodiversity relate to your proposed strategies
• The role of conservation and sustainable growth in your proposed strategies
Include at least 3 sources, in addition to your textbook.