Select 20 stocks on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and document whether each went up or down during the preceding 5-day period (Monday - Friday). So you will present a table with five days of the week and how many went up and how many went down on each day.
Perform the following calculations using Microsoft® Excel®:
• Perform steps in testing a research hypothesis about days of the week.
• Use a chi-square test to determine if these data indicate that trading on some days is better or worse (more or less likely to earn a positive return) than on other days. (Note: This is just for the week studied. You would not be able to draw conclusions about that specific day for any other week in any other month/year.)
• Determine how to present the results.
Develop a 350 - 400 word conclusion in which you include the following:
• Determine what conclusions we might draw from the results.
• Explain how the results might (or might not) influence one's decision to trade any given stock during the week.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. NOTE: Submit BOTH the Excel Worksheet and the APA formatted paper.