Attachments: No Attachments
1. An audit to determine whether an entity is following specific procedures or rules set down by some higher authority is classified as a(n):
2. The Sarbanes-Oxley Act applies to which of the following companies?
3. Three common types of attestation services are:
4. ________ risk reflects the possibility that the information upon which the business decision was made was inaccurate.
5. In "auditing" financial accounting data, the primary concern is with:
6. The use of the Certified Public Accountant title is regulated by:
7. Which of the following is considered audit evidence?
8. One objective of an operational audit is to:
9. An examination of part of an organization's procedures and methods for the purpose of evaluating efficiency and effectiveness is what type of audit?
10. Any service that requires a CPA firm to issue a report about the reliability of an assertion that is made by another party is a(n):
11. Recording, classifying, and summarizing economic events in a logical manner for the purpose of providing financial information for decision making is commonly called:
12. Which of the following services provides the lowest level of assurance on a financial statement?
13. The most common way for users to obtain reliable information is to:
14. An accountant:
15. Which of the following is not a SysTrust Services principle as defined by the AICPA?
16. The "Principles Underlying an Audit in Accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Principles" provides a framework to help auditors:
17. Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services are issued by the:
18. Which of the following statements best describes the primary purpose of Statements on Auditing Standards?
19. Which of the following are audit standards used in professional practice by audit firms?
20. Standards issued by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board must be followed by CPAs who audit:
21. Which of the following is not one of the responsibilities of an auditor under the principles underlying an audit?
22. Hansen Corporation's stock is listed on a national stock exchange and registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Hansen's management hires a CPA to perform an independent audit of Hansen's financial statements. The primary objective of this audit is to provide assurance to the:
23. Which of the following is an element of the CPA's quality control system that should be considered in establishing its quality control policies and procedures?
24. The organization that is responsible for providing oversight for auditors of public companies is called the ________.
25. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board:
26. Assume the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) identifies a violation during its inspection of a registered accounting firm. The PCAOB:
27. When assessing the risk of material misstatements in the financial statements,
28. The AICPA has authority to establish standards and rules in all but which of the following areas?
29. The form that must be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission whenever a company plans to issue new securities to the public is the:
30. The methods used by a CPA firm to ensure that the firm meets is professional responsibilities to clients and others is: