Attachments: RES 562 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment City Council Advisement Paper.docx [ Preview Here ]
The City of Kelsey is experiencing a budget crisis. A federal grant for the police department was recently cut. The mayor of the City of Kelsey must decide the appropriateness of allocating funds to public safety or to plans for the Stanley Park Project. The mayor and the city council drafted a list of critical questions to assist in decision making.
Resource: City of Kelsey Virtual Organization
Write a response of no more than 2,450 words to the following questions:
· What are the advantages and disadvantages of conducting a cost-benefit analysis when examining programs and policies for the City of Kelsey?
· What tools might you use to analyze policy decisions for the City of Kelsey?
· How might your selection of these tools differ when analyzing policy decisions for the private sector?
· How do ethics affect the evaluation of the Stanley Park Project when competing with the school district for funds?
· What conflicts might occur for the City of Kelsey between ethics and analytical results in evaluating the value of the Stanley Park Project?
Format your document consistent with APA guidelines.