Select a current or emerging ethics issue in the field of marriage and family therapy. Topics can include but are not limited to:
• Suicide and confidentially in the military
• Confidentiality and privacy in pharmacies and prescriptions
• Confidentiality and privacy in electronic medical records
• Required therapy for therapists
• Health care reform, budget cuts, and the counseling profession
• Other topics as approved by your facilitator
Present your topic in a 20-minute formal presentation, including:
• A description of the issue
• The role of the therapist
• Relevant legal concerns
• Potential ethical issues
• Ethical guidelines for research participants.
• Risks and dilemmas for the Marriage and Family Therapist
• Suggestions for solutions
Include multimedia sources, opportunities for audience involvement, show evidence of preparation and rehearsal, and dress professionally.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.