Attachments: ASHFORD HCA 421 Week 5 Assignment (Research Paper) Strategic planning (Mayo Clinic).doc [ Preview Here ]
Focus of the Research Paper
For your Research Paper, you will choose one of the health care organizations listed below and conduct an analysis of their strategic planning and evaluation of the organization in an eight- to- ten (excluding title and reference page) paper.
You should utilize any and all information available about the organization. Examples of valid sources can include, but are not limited to, organizational websites, annual reports, personal interviews with organizational leadership, investigative reports, government reports, and conference transcripts. Your Research Paper must include a minimum of five of the key areas, concepts, and strategies outlined throughout the text. These include, but are not limited to:
a. Internal and external assessments
b. Competitive marketing analysis
c. Identification of stakeholders
d. Overview and assessments of services provided
e. Competencies and resource
f. Public entities and regulatory requirements
g. Demographics served
h. Strategic financial planning
i. Financial and operational outcomes
j. Current and future direction of the organization of choice, etc.
Health care organizations of choice are:
Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.